You must accept the terms and conditions of this application to register.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION AND APPLYING FOR A PREVOCATIONAL TRAINING POSITION IN PTAP
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this web site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. You agree HETI is not liable for any interference or damage to your own computer system or any loss of data which arises in connection with your use of the PTAP, this web site or any linked web site.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to HETI using the PTAP is transmitted at your own risk. Once HETI receive your transmission, HETI will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
You must not use the PTAP:
- for any purpose other than the purpose of applying for a prevocational training position
- in any other way which is unlawful.
HETI is not responsible for emails and or SMS that are not received by the applicant. Applicants are to be aware of the key dates in the recruitment process, monitor the HETI website and contact HETI if they feel there is an issue.
Terms and conditions of registration
By registering and submitting an application for a prevocational training position using PTAP, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not submit the application.
Obligation to provide complete and up-to-date information
You must complete all relevant sections of the application, upload all required supporting documentation (certified in accordance with the Medical Graduate Recruitment in NSW policy) and pay all applicable fees by the date applications close in order for HETI to determine your eligibility for a prevocational training position. Failure to do so will result in your application being deemed to be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered further for the current recruitment period.
You must provide such further information and/or evidence in support of your application that HETI may, in its own right or on behalf of a prospective employer, request. If you do not provide the requested information in the format required and within the time specified, your application may be deemed to be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered further.
If any information you provide with the application (or on subsequent request) has ceased to be correct or circumstances have arisen which make information provided incomplete or misleading, you must notify HETI of that fact and provide updated information. You must do so even if providing that information would cause your application to be rejected or a resulting position offer being withdrawn. Should the information provided be erroneous your application will be rejected.
If your personal circumstances change after your application has been submitted, you may notify HETI in accordance with the Extenuating Circumstances Process.
Personal information you provide with your application is collected by HETI for the purposes of
- Coordinating the recruitment and placement of medical graduates for prevocational training at hospitals accredited to provide that training in NSW.
- quality improvement
- education and training
Personal information you provide will be used for those purposes and may be disclosed to prospective employers recruiting for prevocational training positions.
By submitting an application, you consent to:
- HETI and/or a prospective employer collecting personal information from third parties including educational institutions, registration authorities and government agencies e.g. Department of Immigration;
- HETI and/or a prospective employer using your personal information, or disclosing your personal information to third parties (including educational institutions, registration authorities
- Providing NSW Ministry of Health personal information as required, and
- HETI verifying information (including supporting documentation) provided with your application and to make enquiries relevant to the processing of your application. Third parties may include other recruiting jurisdictions in Australia.
- HETI providing your details to the National Medical Intern Working Party for the purposes of the National Intern Audit. (Further information regarding the National Intern Audit is available in the Medical Graduate Recruitment in NSW policy)
Nature of offer
You acknowledge and agree that a position offered as a result of an application made via the PTAP is made by the employer (and not by HETI) and is strictly conditional on:
- satisfactory pre-employment checks required by the employer (and/or the NSW Health Service generally);
- registration with the Medical Board of Australia; and
- the satisfaction of any other condition specified by the employer.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- position offers are subject to the availability of prevocational training positions, your eligibility for a prevocational training position, the NSW Health Priority List and other factors from time-to-time;
- a position offer is not a guarantee of employment in the NSW Health Service or with any other employer.
Applicable HETI policy
You must read all policies and processes that relate to your application including (as applicable):
- Medical Graduate Recruitment in NSW;
- Aboriginal Medical Workforce;
- Rural Preferential Recruitment;
- Direct Regional Allocation; and
- Extenuating Circumstances Process.
By submitting an application:
- you declare that you have read and understood the above policies and processes; and
- you acknowledge and agree that Ministry of Health policies, HETI processes and guidelines may change from time-to-time and such changes may impact on your application (including affecting your eligibility for a prevocational training position).
Fraud and misleading information
Information you provide with your application (including supporting documents) must be true and correct in all respects and not misleading (including by omission of relevant information).
If you provide information which is not true and correct, or is otherwise misleading, you acknowledge and agree that this may result in:
- HETI not considering your application further;
- position offers not being made or, if already made, being rescinded;
- HETI disclosing corrective information to an employer (if you have commenced an internship as a result of the application) or a prospective employer.
By submitting an application you declare that all information an each supporting document provided with your application is true and correct and is not misleading.
Amendment to terms and conditions
HETI may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this web site. Your continued use of the PTAP and this web site following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.